Friday, July 09, 2010

Orangutanku packaging


When I started the OrangUtanku project, I spent weeks, even month just for the packaging design.
I want to make them special, exclusive, cheap, and simple.
Boxes are cheap, so I was thinking of using designed boxes. (I'm a designer, I could design it, right?)
But, I HATE MAKING BOXES
I'm a person who can't cut straight
The other alternative was using plastic boxes which are available in certain store.
Cheap and Simple, no sweat. But it's wrong.
It didn't go along with the mission to save the orangutan.

So.... maybe the orangutan helped me, because suddenly I got the idea of using pouch.
The problem was I can't sew... (yeah, I can't cut and sew in straight lines)
So my dearest mother helped me (Merci, Maman <3)
She bought the fabric, cut it and sew it (and put some embroidery on it)
All I did was give some brief and make a tiny thank you tags.
isn't it cute?

of course for shipment I wrapped it again in a box, and the box was also special.
I thought it was brilliant (no, it was silly actually), I would share the tutorial for the box soon ;)


PS: the doll in the picture is Ginanjar, he still need a new home :)

2 comments:

Citra said...

hmm.. packagingnya oke lho
lebih bagus memang pakai kain, karena bisa dipakai lagi untuk yang lain

Citra@innocentia
http://childhood-obsessions.blogspot.com

zuperdzigh said...

makasih Mbak Citra :)
btw giveaway nya asik... sayanya ponakanku laki-laki